Mission Ready

Mission Ready
Getting Ready

Saturday, February 2, 2013

January 29, 2013


The Mission has been great so far, we just keep getting busier and busier. I was with Sunnyvale and Woodland Park Wards, now I'm with Santa Clara and Lawrence Station Wards.  If everything works out we should have at least one baptism every week here for the next month or so. We'll see how it goes. I'm sleeping in a real bed for the first time since I got here; it’s nowhere near as comfortable as the couches.

We run every morning and lift at night. I really need to get back into it I'm not doing too great right now, and with the members shoving shovelfuls of food down our throats I know I need to work harder to take care of it. We do a ton of service. Soup kitchens, help set up dinner for a nursing home, we're helping a museum to update its storage areas, moving people in and out (like always), yard work at parks, and then helping members however they need us to. 

We are just about to start teaching a guy who works security for a member of the Ward. He told us his life story (not an easy life).  He tried to explain every part of his full body tattoo; we didn't have time since it would probably take an entire day. Great guy, I can't wait to meet him again. I think he's coming to church with us this weekend.

A girl I talked to yesterday said that J.J. Abrams was spearheading the new Disney Star Wars? Not sure how I feel about that but it has potential. I'm going to have a lot to catch up on when I'm home. 

Good luck this week, good to hear from you guys, I'm sure I'll have more next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment